Where would artists be without critics? Or critics without artists? In The Artist-Critic Conflict, Matthew Floyd Jones (aka the male half of Frisky & Mannish) pits the two sides over five bruising rounds. You know the routine: pin back those ears, get your brain in gear and roll VT. Hit it.
And if you’re an artist or a critic, prepare to wince, laugh and wince again.
- Did you know that Frisky & Mannish recorded three of their shows and then put them online? You do now.
- Last week, we saw Mr B The Gentleman Rhymer give modern hip-hop both barrels of his banjolele. It was utterly freaking awesome.
- How blatantly can one magician plagiarise another? This blatantly.
- Matt Hennem is a contact juggler and here he is being amazing.
- The Moonfish Rhumba ask: “can we be lesbians forever?” We don’t see why not.