Someone had to do it, and do it right: it’s high time London’s cabaret, burlesque and circus performers had a website of their own to cover the richest arts circuit in the UK. We’re ThisIsCabaret.com. That’s what we do.
We’ve been doing it for a while, too. You may have read some of the hundreds of reviews, previews and features our staff have written for publications like Time Out, Londonist and Erotic Review. Beginning today, you’ll see many more of those on the web. It’s the same passion as before, but with more space: we’re in charge now.
ThisIsCabaret.com is made by people who live and breathe variety entertainment. A bustling scene like this needs a voice, and we’re proud to have actual performers and producers among our contributors – they are the people who make cabaret what it is, and we want them to be heard offstage as well.
Take a look at ThisIsCabaret.com. You’ll find out it does exactly what it says on the tin.
Our inaugural selection of articles has some fine pointers to our future content:
- If you’re not sure what we mean by cabaret (or what to wear), CJ Lazaretti provides a handy guide with his in-depth Variety 101.
- Alita O’Ginn takes us behind the door marked “Staff Only” for the dos and don’ts of backstage etiquette.
- Nudity! Wet punters! Spilt wine! As Bete Noire said good-bye to Madame Jojo’s in style, we somehow found time to write a fitting epitaph and take pictures.
- Combining cabaret, circus, magic, videos, podcasts and a live talk show, we think Mat Ricardo’s London Varieties is breaking new ground.
- Author and aerialist Will Davis reviews two of the opening event of this year’s Circusfest,
Cirque Mandingue: Foté Foré and Collectif And Then’s Lost Post.
Got an upcoming show? A related project? Let us know. ThisIsCabaret.com is looking for artists and shows to be featured in articles, reviews, previews and interviews. Send your press releases and all publicity material to email@example.com. If you want to promote your event, your venue or yourself, check out our rather reasonable advertising rates.